WAYS TO GIVE
CARES Act Giving Incentives
• Permits cash contributions to charities in 2020 of up to $300 without having to itemize deductions (to be claimed on tax forms next year).
• Lifts the existing cap on annual contributions for people who itemize deductions from 60% of adjusted gross income to 100%.
A gift of cash is a simple and easy way for you to make a gift and you may be eligible for a charitable tax deduction. Cash gifts can be made to a variety of priorities. If you would like to make a gift, please complete the Foundation Gift Form and mail to the Orange Catholic Foundation address.
Orange Catholic Foundation
13280 Chapman Avenue, Suite 430
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Checks payable to: Orange Catholic Foundation
We invite you to explore our lists of funds to discover how you can make a difference in our Diocese of Orange by supporting one of our existing funds or establishing your own fund at the Orange Catholic Foundation.
Please click here for more information and to see a list of existing funds.
WHAT IS THE IRA QUALIFIED CHARITABLE DISTRIBUTION?
• Donors who are age of 70 1/2 or older can make a gift of up to $100,000 from their IRA (traditional or Roth) to support your favorite ministries.
• This strategy works for both itemizers and non-itemizers.
IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution Details. A donor age 70 1/2 or older can transfer up to $100,000 from their IRA to a qualified charity, such as the Orange Catholic Foundation, each year. A married couple who are both 70 1/2 or older at time of the transfer can each transfer $100,000 from their IRA’s for a total of $200,000.
• Your IRA administrator may take several weeks to process your request for a transfer of your distribution to the Orange Catholic Foundation. Please consult with your IRA plan administrator for instructions and deadlines.
• Distributions from your IRA that are made out to you personally and not to the Orange Catholic Foundation WILL NOT qualify as an IRA Charitable Distribution.
An IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution is a tax-exempt distribution from the IRA. The amount transferred can be used to meet your required minimum distribution (RMD).
Click here to view and download IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution Instructions and Form
Please visit our Planned Giving webpage for more details.
To make a gift of Securities to an existing fund at the Orange Catholic Foundation, please fill out our Stock Donation Form.
As a Charitable Gift Account (aka Donor Advised Fund) Holder, you can make grant recommendations to the charitable accounts at your brokerage firm.
Recommendations are generally processed within a few business days, and those made online are generally processed immediately.
There are no restrictions on the maximum number of grants that can be recommended in any given time period, and the minimum requirement is at least one grant every seven years.
Recognize. Your grant recommendation can be “acknowledged” to you, another person, or to the name you gave to the Giving Account, such as The Smith Family Fund.
Designate. You can recommend that the grant be used to support the Orange Catholic Foundation and direct your gift to the For Christ Forever Capital Campaign, a parish, school or Catholic charitable organization.
Schedule. Your grant recommendation can be set up as an ongoing remittance or “scheduled grant.” You can choose from the following frequencies: monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually.
Repeat. Once you’ve recommended a grant to the Orange Catholic Foundation, you can easily recommend a “re-grant” anytime online, with one easy click.
For more information, please contact the Orange Catholic Foundation at 714-282-3021 or PlannedGiving@orangecatholicfoundation.org.
For donation of vehicles or other tangible assets, please contact 714-282-3021 or rpayton@OrangeCatholicFoundation.org.
Requests to match or even double gifts are accepted. Opportunities are available to match gifts made by other donors, businesses or your employer. For more information on matching gifts, please contact the Orange Catholic Foundation at 714-282-3134 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.